APRIL 21 - 22, 2018
TIME: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
LOCATION: SAIT - CALGARY
PART 1 - April 21
ENHANCING YOUR RESTORATIVE RESULTS WITH SOFT TISSUE GRAFTING
Learn evidence-based solutions for the types of soft tissue challenges that you face on a daily basis, such as how to cover those exposed roots and predictably stop, or prevent, recession. In this course, methods are illustrated to solve those problems and enhance your restorative results, by using both Free Gingival and Connective Tissue Grafts. Gain peace of mind knowing the gingiva stays in place at the margins of newly placed esthetic crowns.
PART 2 - April 22
CREATING PREDICTABLE RESTORATIVE RESULTS WITH CROWN LENGTHENING SURGERY
Frustrated by a cusp fractured below the gingiva, or prepping too far sub-gingival? This combined lecture and workshop program will offer some solutions to these every day dental problems. This program will provide valuable information to not just solve those problems, but to also directly enhance your restorative results. Participants will experience an in-depth look at the concepts and practical applications for both Posterior and Anterior Crown Lengthening.
|Morning Objectives||Afternoon Objectives|
• Understand diagnostic criteria for each graft
• Indications and limitations for root coverage
• Predictably stop recession and prevent it in the esthetic zone
• When to graft to not to graft
• Step-by-Step harvesting, placing and suturing both grafts on pig jaws
• Achieve predictable impressions
• Understand Biologic Width
• Learn why crowns come loose and how to prevent it
• Understand causes of red gum tissue around crown margins
• Diagnose esthetic and functional crown lengthening
• Communicate well with Periodontists and Laboratory Technicians
• Flap and suturing technique for functional Clinical Crown Lengthening
• Practice principles for reshaping the bone around involved teeth
• Practice the flap and suturing on pig jaws
• Practice the osseous surgery on anatomically correct models
• Treatment planning session to study limitations and indications
• Usage of specialized instruments, which will be provided
DR. JAMES KOHNER, DDS
Dr. James Kohner presents courses on Crown Lengthening and Soft Tissue Grafting to a wide range of audiences across the US and in 8 foreign countries. His presentations focus on restorative and esthetic principles that participants can use in their practices immediately.
Dr. Kohner is a leading specialist in the periodontal world of dental health. He is an expert in the management of periodontal infection using non-surgical methods, as well as being current on the latest procedures relating to surgical therapy. He has presented at the American Academy of Periodontology meetings for many years and presented lectures at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. He now teaches for the Perio Institute (since 2003) and is a current member of both the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Periodontology, plus is a professional member of the National Speakers Association.
With over 35 years in private practice and more than 20 years teaching, Dr. Kohner has the experience to make his courses meaningful. If your goal is to learn about what it takes to deliver new procedures to your patients, then his programs will give you the information you need.